“Dr. Hoy listened to my concerns and did a thorough examination. He reviewed all of the solutions and treatments with me and we agreed on a conservative approach. This is the first Seattle podiatrist I’ve visited who hasn’t immediately suggested outfitting me in expensive, custom orthotics as the supreme cure-all. Dr. Hoy was very knowledgeable, considerate and professional. His office manager, Ava is delightful and very accommodating. I can confidently recommend a visit to Dr. Hoy for any foot and ankle issues.” -Denis A.
Our office specializes in safe, reliable, compassionate podiatry care during COVID-19. There are many factors to consider when choosing a provider in Seattle for your foot or ankle problem. Here are some important ones:
1. Is your provider board certified in non-surgical foot and ankle care? There are many conditions that are not treated with surgery. You may need imaging studies, lab studies, medication, orthotics or physical therapy. The board recognized to certify these skills is the American Board of Podiatric Medicine. Dr. Hoy is certified by this board.
2. Is your provider board certified in foot surgery? If there is an abscess or infection in the foot, a displaced and broken bone, or a painful deformity, you want your podiatrist to know about addressing it surgically. The American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery is the certifying board that has the highest standards for foot surgery. Dr. Hoy is also certified by this board.
3. Is your provider involved in academics? Doctors who teach keep up with the latest advancements in the field. Since 2005 Dr. Hoy, who trained in the University of California San Francisco/Stanford University medical system, has been a Teaching Associate with the University of Washington School of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine. He teaches Family Medicine residents from the Swedish Cherry Hill Family Medicine Residency. He has also served as a wound care and surgery attending physician for the local foot and ankle surgery residency program, and provided clinical experiences for nurses and pre-medical and allied health students.
4. How experienced is your provider and practice? Dr. Hoy has been in practice since 2000, and the practice has been serving patients since 1990. Many patients have given reviews and testimonials about Dr. Hoy’s services. Our office is also an Accredited Business with A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. We are team players and do not hesitate to refer to a network of providers to give the best results.
5. What is the scope of your provider’s services? Does the doctor only do surgery, only make orthotics, only provide care for nails? Will they treat all conditions with a variety of services? Dr. Hoy thoroughly manages all conditions of the foot and ankles for all ages, with a comprehensive variety of services.
6. Is your provider certified in practice management? There are regulations and standards of running a good medical practice. Dr. Hoy has three certifications, through the Professional Association of Health Care Office Management and American Institute of Healthcare Compliance. One of our services is insurance verification. We do the legwork to find out as much as possible how your insurance works and collect upfront, instead of doing nothing and surprising you with a full bill later.
7. How important is personalized, cost-effective care? Our practice is a solo practice, not part of a large corporation. We have one doctor, one administrative staff and one billing staff. Hospitals and hospital-owned practices usually charge a facility fee on top of the provider fees, increasing the cost of care; we don’t do that. Our goal is to find the treatment that will give you complete relief at the lowest cost. We are innovative and responsive. It is easy to get a hold of us and make an appointment. The same doctor has been here at the same location since 2004. Dr. Hoy also maintains hospital privileges at Swedish Medical Center for surgery and inpatient care.
We hope that these suggestions are helpful in assisting you to choose a foot and ankle care professional. Thank you.