“Dr. Hoy is absolutely outstanding!! Superb professional knowledge, skills and judgment! Very kind and compassionate! I feel very lucky to be under his care!” -Dr. Ming C., MD, PhD
WELCOME TO OUR PRACTICE!
Looking for a podiatrist in Seattle who offers a complete array of services? Since 1990 our office has been a vital part of the Seattle health care community, providing medical, biomechanical and surgical care for the foot, ankle and lower extremities.
We welcome the opportunity to work with you to meet your patients’ needs. Any time your patients need an expert for a simple or complex foot and ankle condition, we are here for board-certified medical and surgical care. From recalcitrant onychomycosis to diabetic foot ulcers, bunions and hammertoes to ankle sprains, we are here to support you for comprehensive care of lower-extremity conditions. Refer your challenging or urgent lower-extremity cases today.
Dr. Hoy’s training was based at the University of California San Francisco/Stanford University Medical Center, and has been in practice since 2000. As the specialists in the foot and ankle, podiatrists complete four years of podiatric medical school, followed by a compulsory, multi-year, hospital-based residency. Committed to excellence and education, Dr. Hoy is a Clinical Associate of the University of Washington School of Medicine. He has been instructing residents of the Swedish Cherry Hill Family Medicine Residency Program since 2005. His practice involves care in a variety of settings.
We provide conservative as well as surgical care. Here are just a few of the conditions we treat daily:
- Injuries and Sports Medicine. We treat ankle sprains, fractures and a variety of other traumatic injuries to the foot and ankle. Refer your patients with painful acute and chronic foot and ankle conditions and we will take it from there!
- Diabetes. Podiatry is an integral part of the limb salvage team. Studies show that patients with diabetes who see a podiatrist have significantly fewer hospitalizations and amputations. Refer your patients for PVD or neuropathic diabetic foot care, or any patient who experiences a diabetic foot ulcer. Dr. Hoy has specialized experience in lower-extremity wounds.
- Deformities. Dr. Hoy is Board Certified in Foot Surgery and does reconstructive surgery for such conditions as hammertoes, bunions, neuromas and hallux rigidus at Swedish Medical Center.
We regularly collaborate with other healthcare providers in both in-patient and out-patient settings as a part of a multidisciplinary patient care team. We provide:
- Comprehensive care – conservative management of acute and chronic conditions, prescription orthotic therapy, extracorporeal shockwave therapy, and surgical procedures.
- Tried and true foot surgery procedures – including diabetic limb preservation, reconstructive foot surgery and more.
- Early detection of diseases – like diabetes, arthritis and cardiovascular disease that manifest in the foot and ankle.
Our office works with most insurance plans, including Cigna, Aetna, Regence, Premera, Meritain, United Healthcare, First Choice, Kaiser Permanente, Lifewise, Providence, Ambetter and Medicare. We only accept Medicaid as a secondary insurance to another plan such as Medicare, not Apple Health as a primary insurance. Please call your insurance to confirm that Dr. Jinwah John Hoy, podiatrist, NPI number 1104820653, is on your patient’s insurance plan.
Please click the following links to learn more about:
Please enjoy comments we have received regarding our services from the local medical community and patient testimonials.
• “Recurrent sporting and orthopedic challenges have meant I have visited podiatrists before. Dr Hoy compares extremely favorably with the best I had previously attended, from prompt, courteous and thorough front desk support to detailed history, careful examination and thorough explanation of the pathology and proposed management.” -Dr. Stephen S., MD
• “Comprehensive exam and conservative treatment by a kind and experienced podiatric surgeon.” “Dr. Hoy was thorough in explaining my problem(s) and my options for care. He provided skillful and conservative care and I left feeling much better than when I arrived.” -Mark V., DDS
• “Doctor Hoy was very professional and did a thorough exam and treatment of my feet. He spent approximately 45 minutes correcting problems with both feet. Walking out of his office my feet felt much better.” -Dr. Julien B.
• “Wow, Dr. Hoy! Thanks a ton!” -RN
• “Thanks again for the great teaching, and know that you’re my first choice for a podiatry referral.” -MD
• “Our patients really value your care and we are lucky to have you in our community!” -MD
• “You are amazing! We can’t thank you enough.” -RN
• “We appreciate so much the wonderful care you continue to give our patients. Thank you!” -Referral Coordinator
• “Thank you so much! You are very helpful.” -MD
• “Thank you for being willing to work with us and our patients!” -Community Health
• “Thank you, thank you for seeing our patients.” -Clinic Coordinator
• “Thanks so much for caring for our patients!” -MD
• “Thank you for seeing our pts!” -MD
• “Dr. Hoy is wonderful with my clients with developmental disabilities; he is warm, kind and patient. He takes great care of his patient’s podiatry concerns and issues. I have and will continue to recommend him to colleagues. Thank you Dr. Hoy.”
• “Good care, staffs are friendly.” -Kenny C., Nursing Home Administrator
• “Very professional! Friendly and helpful staff!” -P. J. Adult Family Homes
• “Professional and very friendly customer services. Dr. Hoy comes to our facility to take good care of residents on a regular schedule.” -Kevin W., RN, MN; Director of Nursing Services
Articles about podiatry:
- Our Profession
- Article: Getting It Right the First Time
- The APMA-sponsored Thomson Reuters study, “The Economic Value of Specialized Lower Extremity Medical Care by Podiatric Physicians in the Treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcers” dramatically demonstrates the significant impact care by a podiatrist has on health-care outcomes and spending.