“Ava & Dr. Hoy were able to accommodate me on the same day as I was in a lot of pain. He was quick & efficient in diagnosing my problem and had me on my way! I had some follow up questions online which he helped me with promptly. The office was clean and had good airflow from open windows, which helped me feel safe from Covid-19.” -Sharad A.
Welcome! As we work to overcome COVID-19, the Seattle Foot and Ankle Center is a 30-year-old practice that has remained open throughout the pandemic as an essential service, reliably serving the medical and surgical needs of the foot and ankle. Dr. John Hoy constantly keeps up-to-date with local, hospital, state and national guidelines, and we are compliant with all best practice health recommendations.
We have made changes to allow for your safe care:
1. Dr. Hoy and staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
2. We offer both telemedicine appointments and in-office appointments. We schedule appointments spread out throughout the day and week whenever possible to allow for maximum social distancing.
3. The Medical Dental Building has made accommodations including sliding doors. Occupancy of elevators is limited to two people, and restrooms one person at a time. There is often a line, so please allow for extra time.
4. Our office has added a new second waiting area, called the Green Waiting Room, with window open and a sink, to allow for social distancing.
5. All office surfaces are sanitized with each patient visit using strong hygiene measures. Sanitizer and tissues are readily available for your use.
6. Podiatric treatment is rendered from a good distance. The waiting room and treatment room windows are kept open for good air circulation.
7. We offer maximum protection in terms of personal protective equipment. Dr. Hoy wears a face mask, face shield and gloves during patient visits.
8. Please maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing. Face coverings are required to be worn by staff, patients and those accompanying patients. Please make sure your mask is not vented and covers your nose, mouth and chin. We will provide face coverings for those who do not have them.
9. Our staff workspace is configured to maximize social distancing. We also use contactless methods for scheduling, registration, payment, communication, etc.
10. We screen patients and visitors for symptoms of COVID-19, and perform a temperature check. Those who have the following symptoms will be rescheduled and instructed to seek medical attention: fever, new acute cough or difficulty breathing, sore throat, acute onset of muscle pain or myalgia, acute onset of fatigue or malaise, new loss of smell or taste, acute gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea, chills, repeated shaking with chills, headache.
Please let us know how we can help you and provide excellent care. Wishing you and your family safety and good health.
J. John Hoy, DPM, FACFAS