Welcome! We hope you are doing well during these unprecedented times. The Seattle Foot and Ankle Center is a 30-year-old practice that has remained open through the COVID-19 pandemic as an essential service, reliably serving the medical and surgical needs of the foot and ankle. Dr. John Hoy constantly keeps up-to-date with local, hospital, state and national guidelines, and we are compliant with all best practice health recommendations.
We have made changes to allow for your safe care:
1. Dr. Hoy offers telemedicine appointments and in-office appointments.
2. The Medical Dental Building has made accommodations including separate entrances and exits. Occupancy of elevators is limited to two people, and restrooms one person at a time.
3. Our office has added a new second waiting area, with window open and a sink, to allow for social distancing.
4. All office surfaces are sanitized with each patient visit using strong hygiene measures. Sanitizer and tissues are readily available for your use.
5. Podiatric treatment is rendered from a good distance. The treatment room window is kept open for good air circulation.
6. We offer maximum protection in terms of personal protective equipment. Dr. Hoy wears a face mask, face shield and gloves.
7. Please maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing. Face coverings are required to be worn by staff, patients and those accompanying patients. Please make sure your mask is not vented and covers your nose, mouth and chin. We will provide face coverings for those who do not have them.
8. Our staff workspace is configured to maximize social distancing. We also use contactless methods for scheduling, payment, communication, etc.
9. We screen patients and visitors for symptoms of COVID-19. Those who have the following symptoms will be rescheduled and instructed to seek medical attention: fever, new acute cough or difficulty breathing, sore throat, acute onset of muscle pain or myalgia, acute onset of fatigue or malaise, new loss of smell or taste, acute gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea, chills, repeated shaking with chills, headache.
Please see below the library of information we have developed for you.
- What is the Coronavirus Disease of 2019 (COVID-19)?
- How can I take care of myself with this disease around?
- Am I allowed to seek health care right now?
Please let us know how we can help you and provide excellent care. Wishing you and your family safety and good health.
J. John Hoy, DPM, FACFAS
“Ava & Dr. Hoy were able to accommodate me on the same day as I was in a lot of pain. He was quick & efficient in diagnosing my problem and had me on my way! I had some follow up questions online which he helped me with promptly. The office was clean and had good airflow from open windows, which helped me feel safe from Covid-19.” -Sharad A.