Our office is a teaching facility. Dr. Hoy is a Clinical Associate with the Department of Family Medicine at the University of Washington School of Medicine. He has Family Medicine Residents from Swedish Cherry Hill Family Medicine Residency come through to learn about the foot and ankle and build collaborative professional relationships. In addition he has mentored pre-medical students who are interested in a career in podiatric medicine and surgery, as well as given internship experiences to students in allied health professions schools such as medical assisting and medical administrative assisting. Information about podiatry as a career can be found here. The American Podiatric Medical Association also has a website for prospective students on the profession.
• “Thank you for everything. I wouldn’t be where I am today without your help.”
• “Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experiences with me.”
• “I will always be indebted to you for your guidance, insight and help, which have been instrumental in my pursuit of becoming a podiatric physician and surgeon. Know that I could not have made it this far without you. I deeply treasure the time spent shadowing you. Thank you for being such an amazing mentor.”
• “I just want to thank you again for letting me come in all these times. I really learned a lot about podiatry and how the foot is connected to the rest of the body, and a unique insight into how a private practice is managed. I really appreciate how patient and detailed you are with your explanations. It is by far my best shadowing experience.”
• “I just wanted to take the time to thank you for the opportunities that you have given me. It has been my great pleasure observing your practice of podiatric medicine and I am very grateful for the time you have taken out of your busy schedule to answer my questions and give me guidance. Hopefully I will get the chance to be back at your practice soon, but for now I just wanted to leave you with a small gift of gratitude! Thank you!”