If you need prescription orthotics, the process includes the biomechanical evaluation (where we make angular measurements), the casting, fabrication in the lab, dispensal and check up.
To ensure a satisfactory result, our office has developed the following guidelines.
1) An initial evaluation and management visit is required prior to the fabrication of orthotics. This is to diagnose the condition and present all treatment options available, coming up with a solution that makes sense. These options include medical, surgical and biomechanical (orthotics).
2) The orthotics fabrication process will involve a new physical examination, new prescription and new orthotics. The prescription may differ from current or previous orthotics you may have. Our office does not verify the fit or function of, nor refurbish, orthotics made by another provider. We also do not make new orthotics from molds created by another provider.
3) If you have other medical conditions such as back, hip, knee problems and are seeing another physician for these conditions, please inform Dr. Hoy before the process of making prescription orthotics has begun to see if any coordination of care is needed.
4) There is an adjustment period for the orthotics. Dr. Hoy will inform you of the break-in process and what to expect.
5) Our custom orthotics come with a six-month no lab fees warranty for any required adjustments.
We are committed to helping you navigate the process of getting a sound biomechanical solution for your foot and ankle problem which may prove to be very beneficial and satisfactory.
“My orthotics are working well, and Dr. Hoy and the staff are a pleasure to work with. I am glad I found this practice for my foot care needs.” -Linda P.