The following policies and procedures are designed to help you make the most of your visits with us.
1. New patient instructions. Welcome! Please carefully review and fill out the New Patient Forms. E-mail or fax them to us as soon as possible, along with insurance information as below, and a list of your medications with dosages. Bring the originals with you. If you have had imaging studies done at another facility or medical records that you wish to have reviewed, it is your responsibility to arrange to have both the images and radiologist report, and other medical records, delivered to this office by the time of the appointment to prevent delays.
2. Benefits and eligibility. Our office verifies benefits and eligibility and collect at the time of service for those who are private pay, have a deductible or do not have a referral. If you are a new patient, or an established patient who has changed your insurance, please email or fax an enlarged copy of the front and back of your insurance card(s) or call the office with your insurance policy numbers before your appointment.
3. Appointments. Please call our office to schedule; leave a voice mail or e-mail message or fill out the contact form if we are not available. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please plan enough time to allow for safe attention with your specialty care, including for parking, by confirming with us the length for which the appointment is scheduled. Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in, and allow for check out.
Your appointment is set aside for you only, and we try to run on schedule. If you arrive late, in courtesy of patients with appointments after you, you may be rescheduled. If you need to change your appointment, please do so at your earliest possibility to allow for other patients to be seen. There is a fee for a no show, no call.
4. After hours telephone calls or messages. Please leave a voice mail or e-mail message or fill out the contact form if we are not available.
5. Prescriptions. Please also contact your pharmacy for refills. They will refill it if there are refills remaining and will fax a form for Dr. Hoy to sign if more refills are needed.
6. Clinical questions. Healthcare can be complicated and we want to make sure treatment protocols are understood. Questions regarding your care are encouraged, during and after your appointment. All matters will be noted and investigated thoroughly, and communicated back to you in a timely manner. Read our suggestions for addressing clinical questions.
7. Administrative questions. If you have an administrative inquiry, such as billing or scheduling, our licensed staff will be glad to assist.
8. Billing questions. For inquiries regarding bills from this practice, please contact the Billing Department. Phone: 206-522-6640, ext. 2, Fax: 206-527-0147, E-mail: email@example.com.
9. Outside agencies. Our office utilizes outside agencies as part of a patient’s medical care, such as labs, imaging centers, brace shops, pharmacies and hospitals. They are independent of this office. Insurance may not cover goods and services provided by these companies. It is the patient’s responsibility to verify benefits with, and direct billing questions to, these agencies. We can only provide any medical information needed to facilitate processing. For customer service and inquiries regarding bills from outside agencies, please contact the number on the bill.
10. Financial policies and patient disclosures. We are an Accredited Business of the Better Business Bureau and abide by its Accreditation Standards. Please see our disclosures.
“My experience every visit is very welcoming, greeted on a first name basis and smiling faces. Reception is immediate and brief. The staff is both personable and professional, and I feel comforted. After a brief sign-in, time is short before I’m taken to an exam room. Dr. Hoy keeps up with his schedule and enters the room with a warm smile. After evaluating my condition he calmly proceeds treating my foot explaining his observations and advises me of any further treatment needed. I enjoy his professional and polite humor as we discuss the lighter side of the situation. Dr. Hoy’s work is efficient and he is very well experienced.” -Russell Y., 6/26/2015