Welcome! The following tips are designed to make your visits with us as smooth as possible.
Please keep in mind that Dr. Hoy only addresses medical questions. Please make sure your cell phone number is listed in your registration forms as Dr. Hoy responds by secure text, or encrypted email if you do not have a mobile phone. Ava Haroldson is your contact person for any administrative questions. For questions regarding invoices from this practice or outside agencies please contact the number on your bill.
1. Making appointments. Please use the Schedule Button above or reach out to us. If you need to change your appointment, please do so at your earliest possibility. There is a fee for a no show, no call.
2. New patient registration. You will receive two notifications via email and/or text: an orientation and new patient paperwork. Please submit an image of both sides of your insurance card and any health savings account information, and complete your new patient paperwork (including medications and allergies) within 24 hours to authenticate and confirm your appointment. If we are unable to reach you to obtain the required information your appointment will be cancelled.
3. Medical records. It is the responsibility of the patient, not the referring doctor or our office, to gather all necessary insurance referrals and medical records for the appointment. Imaging studies are also helpful for the diagnosis and treatment of your condition. We accept all imaging studies including x-rays, bone scans, MRIs and CTs. Studies usually come with images and a radiologist written report. For bone scans, MRIs and CTs, this report is required. If the report is not available for these but only the images, the study is incomplete and cannot be considered as part of your treatment with Dr. Hoy. Foot and ankle x-ray images alone without the radiologist report are accepted, but please keep in mind that new images may need to be taken here in the office during your appointment to evaluate the progress of the condition. Please also keep in mind that Dr. Hoy may not have access to where the information is stored, such as your doctor or hospital’s electronic medical record system, and there may be computer compatibility issues with disks, where the information is not accessible. We will do our best to ensure that the information contained in outside medical records are included in your evaluation and treatment.
4. Billing. Our team is trained, certified and experienced in insurance, billing and coding. We verify for referral status, eligibility and patient responsibilities and collect at the time of each service. Please be ready to pay when you arrive for your appointment.
Private pay and copays collected are a set amount. We also collect a deposit at the time of services for certain services that are known to not be covered by insurances, as well as deductibles and coinsurances. Deductibles, coinsurances and deposits for likely non-covered services are an estimated amount, subject to further billing or credit after submission to insurance.
Until the condition is evaluated we are unable to provide any information regarding total cost or what is involved in a course of treatment.
Please familiarize yourself with the details/terms of your insurance plan such as eligibility date, copay, and deductibles. Please let us know of any insurance changes, or have any questions about your insurance coverage, well before your appointments. If we are unable to verify your insurance benefits by the time of your appointment, we will not be able to accept your insurance.
5. The day of your appointment. Most appointments are a half hour in length. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time and allow for 30 minutes after your appointment end time. Please click here for directions and parking.
Face coverings are required to be worn by staff, patients and visitors in health care settings, regardless of vaccination status, per government regulation. Please make sure your mask is not vented and covers your nose, mouth and chin. We will provide face coverings for those who do not have them. We screen patients and visitors for symptoms of COVID-19, and perform a temperature check. Those who have the following symptoms will be rescheduled and instructed to seek medical attention: fever, new acute cough or difficulty breathing, sore throat, acute onset of muscle pain or myalgia, acute onset of fatigue or malaise, new loss of smell or taste, acute gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea, chills, repeated shaking with chills, headache.
6. Prescriptions. Please contact your pharmacy for refills. They will refill it if there are refills remaining and will fax a form for Dr. Hoy to sign if more refills are needed.
Dr. Hoy prescribes the least expensive effective medication for the condition. Please ask your pharmacist if you need to verify insurance coverage for medications.
7. Outside agencies. Our office exclusively utilizes various outside agencies as part of a patient’s medical care, such as other specialty providers, labs, imaging centers, brace shops, pharmacies and hospitals. Insurance may not cover goods and services provided by these companies. Please verify insurance benefits with, and direct billing questions to, these agencies.
8. Forms and records. If you need forms filled out (work forms, government forms) or need medical records, there may be a fee and a turnaround time of up to a week or more.
9. Appointment reminders and survey. We care about the quality of our services. At the end of your visit you may receive a survey to complete. If you have upcoming appointments, you may also receive an email confirmation a week and then a day before your appointment.
10. Financial policies and patient disclosures. We have been an Accredited Business of the Better Business Bureau since 2005 and abide by its Accreditation Standards. Please see our disclosures.
“It has been excellent. Everyone is friendly, processes are reasonable, doctor is attentive and expert.” -Father Peter