Welcome! The following tips are designed to make your visits with us as smooth as possible.
1. Making appointments. Please use the Schedule Button above or reach out to us. If you need to change your appointment, please do so at your earliest possibility. There is a fee for a no show, no call.
2. New patient registration. You will receive an orientation email and an email with new patient paperwork. New Patient Forms must be completed as soon as possible and before your appointment time. Please submit an image of both sides of your photo ID, insurance card and any health savings account information. If you do not have your new patient paperwork completed (including medications and allergies) and insurance information submitted by your appointment start time, your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
3. Medical records. We do not have access to medical records from any of your other providers. Please arrange to have any medical records you wish Dr. Hoy to review to be delivered to our office by the time of your appointment. For real-time accuracy, we may not accept x-ray films from outside facilities for the purpose of treatment, and new films must be taken here. To have other studies such as MRI’s, CT’s or bone scans considered as part of your treatment, please furnish the radiologist’s report.
4. Billing. Our team is trained, certified and experienced in insurance, billing and coding. We verify for referral status, eligibility and patient responsibilities and collect at the time of each service. Please be ready to pay when you arrive for your appointment.
Private pay and copays collected are a set amount. We also collect a deposit at the time of services for certain services that are known to not be covered by insurances, as well as deductibles and coinsurances. Deductibles, coinsurances and deposits for likely non-covered services are an estimated amount, subject to further billing or credit after submission to insurance.
Until the condition is evaluated we are unable to provide any information regarding total cost or what is involved in a course of treatment.
Please familiarize yourself with the details/terms of your insurance plan such as eligibility date, copay, and deductibles. Please let us know of any insurance changes, or have any questions about your insurance coverage, well before your appointments. If we are unable to verify your insurance benefits by the time of your appointment, we will not be able to accept your insurance.
5. The day of your appointment. Most appointments are a half hour in length. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time and to stay for 30 minutes after your appointment end time. Please click here for directions and parking.
Face coverings are required to be worn by staff, patients and visitors in health care settings, regardless of vaccination status, per government regulation. Please make sure your mask is not vented and covers your nose, mouth and chin. We will provide face coverings for those who do not have them. We screen patients and visitors for symptoms of COVID-19, and perform a temperature check. Those who have the following symptoms will be rescheduled and instructed to seek medical attention: fever, new acute cough or difficulty breathing, sore throat, acute onset of muscle pain or myalgia, acute onset of fatigue or malaise, new loss of smell or taste, acute gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea, chills, repeated shaking with chills, headache.
6. Prescriptions. Please contact your pharmacy for refills. They will refill it if there are refills remaining and will fax a form for Dr. Hoy to sign if more refills are needed.
Dr. Hoy prescribes the least expensive effective medication for the condition. Please ask your pharmacist if you need to verify insurance coverage for medications.
7. Billing questions. For inquiries regarding bills from this practice or outside agencies, please contact the number on your bill.
8. Outside agencies. Our office exclusively utilizes various outside agencies as part of a patient’s medical care, such as other specialty providers, labs, imaging centers, brace shops, pharmacies and hospitals. Insurance may not cover goods and services provided by these companies. Please verify insurance benefits with, and direct billing questions to, these agencies.
9. Forms and records. If you need forms filled out (work forms, government forms) or need medical records, there may be a fee and a turnaround time of up to a week or more.
10. Appointment reminders and survey. We care about the quality of our services. At the end of your visit you may receive a survey to complete. If you have upcoming appointments, you may also receive an email confirmation a week and then a day before your appointment.
11. Financial policies and patient disclosures. We have been an Accredited Business of the Better Business Bureau since 2005 and abide by its Accreditation Standards. Please see our disclosures.
“It has been excellent. Everyone is friendly, processes are reasonable, doctor is attentive and expert.” -Father Peter