Welcome! The following tips are designed to make your visits with us as smooth as possible.
Please also carefully review and fill out the New Patient Forms. Please send them to us via secure and private e-mail (Ava@Seattlefeet.com) or fax (206-686-2184) as soon as possible, along with an enlarged copy of the front and back of your insurance card(s) and a list of your medications with dosages. We will get back to you as soon as possible to complete your registration. New Patient Forms must be completed by your appointment time. If you wish an even sooner appointment, please check back to this site often for real-time appointment availability.
If you need to change your appointment, please do so at your earliest possibility to allow for other patients to be seen. There is a fee for a no show, no call.
2. Medical records. Please arrange to have your previous medical records to be delivered to our office by the time of your appointment. For real-time accuracy, we do not accept x-ray films from outside facilities for the purpose of treatment; new films must be taken here. To have other studies such as MRI’s, CT’s or bone scans considered as part of your treatment, please furnish the radiologist’s report, not just the films. Thank you.
3. Billing. We work hard to minimize billing surprises. Our team is trained, certified and experienced in insurance, billing and coding. We verify benefits and eligibility and payment for any patient responsibility in full is due at the time of service. This includes copays, an estimated amount for those who have a deductible or coinsurance, or payment in full for those who are private pay or do not have a referral.
Please familiarize yourself with the details/terms of your insurance plan such as eligibility date, copay, and deductible. If you change your insurance, please email or fax an enlarged copy of the front and back of your insurance card(s) or call the office with your insurance policy numbers before your next appointment.
4. The day of your appointment. Please plan enough time to allow for safe attention with your specialty care, including for parking, by confirming with us the length for which the appointment is scheduled. Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in, and allow for check out.
If you have a ride, arrange to be dropped off at least a half hour before your appointment starting time and picked up at least a half hour after your appointment ending time. Traffic can be heavy here in Downtown Seattle. Allow extra time and take public transportation whenever possible.
Your appointment is set aside for you only, and we try to run on schedule. If you arrive late, in courtesy of patients with appointments after you, you may be rescheduled. We will also communicate any delays as soon as possible and give you the option to reschedule the appointment.
5. Prescriptions. Please contact your pharmacy for refills. They will refill it if there are refills remaining and will fax a form for Dr. Hoy to sign if more refills are needed.
Dr. Hoy prescribes the least expensive effective medication for the condition. Please ask your pharmacist if you need to verify insurance coverage for medications. Unless another medication has been tried and failed, we may not be able to complete any prior authorizations.
6. Billing questions. For inquiries regarding bills from this practice or outside agencies, please contact the number on your bill. Please allow several business days for a return call.
7. Outside agencies. Our office utilizes outside agencies as part of a patient’s medical care, such as labs, imaging centers, brace shops, pharmacies and hospitals. They are independent of this office. Insurance may not cover goods and services provided by these companies. Please verify insurance benefits with, and direct billing questions to, these agencies.
When a request for prior authorization is made to our office, we will only provide: 1) the prescription or order, and 2) the applicable chart notes. If after providing the above the request is still pending or denied, the patient can then choose to contact the insurance company on their own to appeal or pay out-of-pocket for the treatment.
8. Forms and records. If you need forms filled out (work forms, government forms) or need medical records, there may be a fee and a waiting period of up to a week or more to process that request.
9. Appointment reminders and survey. We care about the quality of our services. At the end of your visit you may receive a survey through email. If you have upcoming appointments, you may also receive an email confirmation a week and then a day before your appointment. If you wish to opt out of these please notify us.
10. Right to Refuse Service. We are committed to providing an environment that is safe for our staff and other patients. We will stop service to anyone who becomes disruptive or abusive, and will refer elsewhere for follow up care.
11. Financial policies and patient disclosures. We are an Accredited Business of the Better Business Bureau and abide by its Accreditation Standards. Please see our disclosures.
“My experience every visit is very welcoming, greeted on a first name basis and smiling faces. Reception is immediate and brief. The staff is both personable and professional, and I feel comforted. After a brief sign-in, time is short before I’m taken to an exam room. Dr. Hoy keeps up with his schedule and enters the room with a warm smile. After evaluating my condition he calmly proceeds treating my foot explaining his observations and advises me of any further treatment needed. I enjoy his professional and polite humor as we discuss the lighter side of the situation. Dr. Hoy’s work is efficient and he is very well experienced.” -Russell Y., 6/26/2015