Welcome! The following tips are designed to make your visits with us as smooth as possible.
1. Making appointments. Please use the Schedule Button above or reach out to us. If you need to change your appointment, please do so at your earliest possibility. There is a fee for a no show, no call.
2. New patient registration. You will receive an orientation email and an email with new patient paperwork. Please contact us for health insurance verification. New Patient Forms must be completed as soon as possible and before your appointment time. If you are late to your appointment, or do not have your new patient paperwork completed (including medications and allergies) and insurance information submitted by your appointment start time, your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
3. Medical records. We do not have access to medical records from any of your other providers. Please arrange to have any medical records you wish Dr. Hoy to review to be delivered to our office by the time of your appointment. For real-time accuracy, we may not accept x-ray films from outside facilities for the purpose of treatment; new films must be taken here. To have other studies such as MRI’s, CT’s or bone scans considered as part of your treatment, please furnish the radiologist’s report, not just the films. Thank you.
4. Billing. Our team is trained, certified and experienced in insurance, billing and coding. We do the legwork to find out as much as possible how your insurance works and collect upfront, instead of doing nothing and surprising you with a full bill later. Please contact us for health insurance verification.
We verify eligibility and benefits and collect at the time of service. We check for eligibility, copays, deductibles, co-insurances. If you’re responsible for any copays and/or deductibles or co-insurances, you’ll be expected to pay them at time of service. Also, payment in full is expected for those who are private pay or do not have a referral.
Copays are a fixed amount; deductibles and coinsurances are estimated amounts. We will bill your insurance, so you’ll get credit for them. For example, if your insurance has a $5,000 deductible and you have only met $100, and your visit is estimated to cost $200, you’ll be expected to pay that $200 before leaving the office. If after the claim goes through your insurance and the allowable is $205, you will receive additional billing for the $5; if it is $195, you may request a $5 refund.
There are many different insurance plans. It’s not possible for us to be aware of all the requirements and benefits for each and every insurance plan, only what the insurance company publishes on verification sites. You are responsible for understanding the terms and conditions of your insurance benefits, as well as keeping up-to-date on changes to your insurance plan. Please familiarize yourself with the details/terms of your insurance plan such as eligibility date, copay, and deductible. Please let us know of any insurance changes, or have any questions about your insurance coverage, well before your appointments. Please email or fax an enlarged copy of the front and back of your insurance card(s) or call the office with your insurance policy numbers.
5. The day of your appointment. DIRECTIONS AND PARKING
Face coverings are required to be worn by staff, patients and those accompanying patients. Please make sure your mask is not vented and covers your nose, mouth and chin. We will provide face coverings for those who do not have them. We screen patients and visitors for symptoms of COVID-19, and perform a temperature check. Those who have the following symptoms will be rescheduled and instructed to seek medical attention: fever, new acute cough or difficulty breathing, sore throat, acute onset of muscle pain or myalgia, acute onset of fatigue or malaise, new loss of smell or taste, acute gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea, chills, repeated shaking with chills, headache.
Your appointment is set aside for you only. We respect your time, spread out the schedule for social distancing, and generally run on schedule, with most appointments being a half hour in length. Note that some appointments will take longer and some will take shorter, depending on complexity. Please give yourself plenty of time to allow for safe attention with your specialty care, including for parking, rides and work commitments, to not be rushed.
If you have a ride, arrange to be dropped off at least a half hour before your appointment starting time and picked up at least a half hour after your appointment ending time. Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in, and allow a half hour for check out and any office delays. If you arrive late, in courtesy of patients with appointments after you, you may be rescheduled. We will also communicate any delays as soon as possible. If you are on a tight schedule and unable to be seen, please reschedule your appointment.
6. Prescriptions. Please contact your pharmacy for refills. They will refill it if there are refills remaining and will fax a form for Dr. Hoy to sign if more refills are needed.
Dr. Hoy prescribes the least expensive effective medication for the condition. Please ask your pharmacist if you need to verify insurance coverage for medications. Unless another medication has been tried and failed, we may not be able to complete any prior authorizations.
7. Billing questions. For inquiries regarding bills from this practice or outside agencies, please contact the number on your bill.
8. Outside agencies. Our office exclusively utilizes various outside agencies as part of a patient’s medical care, such as other specialty providers, labs, imaging centers, brace shops, pharmacies and hospitals. They are independent of this office, and all customer service and billing questions must be directed to them and not our office. Insurance may not cover goods and services provided by these companies. Please verify insurance benefits with, and direct billing questions to, these agencies.
If you wish not to use these providers but use another we will issue the prescription or referral with our fax number on it to fax back the results. The patient is responsible for taking the referral to such provider, ensuring insurance coverage and that any applicable results are returned to us.
9. Forms and records. If you need forms filled out (work forms, government forms) or need medical records, there may be a fee and a waiting period of up to a week or more to process that request.
10. Appointment reminders and survey. We care about the quality of our services. At the end of your visit you may receive a survey to complete. If you have upcoming appointments, you may also receive an email confirmation a week and then a day before your appointment.
11. Financial policies and patient disclosures. We are an Accredited Business of the Better Business Bureau and abide by its Accreditation Standards. Please see our disclosures.
“It has been excellent. Everyone is friendly, processes are reasonable, doctor is attentive and expert.” -Father Peter