Welcome! The following tips are designed to make your visits with us as smooth as possible.
1. Making appointments. Please use the Schedule Button above or reach out to us. You will receive an orientation email, new patient paperwork, and enrollment information for the patient portal called Patient Fusion, in which you can review and change your appointments, message our office, and upload documents. Please use your phone number to enroll. We will contact you for health insurance verification.
New Patient Forms must be completed as soon as possible and before your appointment time. If you are late to your appointment, or do not have your new patient paperwork completed and insurance information submitted by your appointment start time, you may be rescheduled.
If you wish an even sooner appointment, please check back to this site often for real-time appointment availability, or call the office.
If you need to change your appointment, please do so at your earliest possibility to allow for other patients to be seen. There is a fee for a no show, no call.
2. Medical records. Please arrange to have your previous medical records to be delivered to our office by the time of your appointment. For real-time accuracy, we do not accept x-ray films from outside facilities for the purpose of treatment; new films must be taken here. To have other studies such as MRI’s, CT’s or bone scans considered as part of your treatment, please furnish the radiologist’s report, not just the films. Thank you.
3. Billing. We work hard to minimize billing surprises. Our team is trained, certified and experienced in insurance, billing and coding. We verify benefits and eligibility and payment for any patient responsibility in full is due at the time of service. This includes copays, an estimated amount for those who have a deductible or coinsurance, or payment in full for those who are private pay or do not have a referral.
Please familiarize yourself with the details/terms of your insurance plan such as eligibility date, copay, and deductible. If you change your insurance, please email or fax an enlarged copy of the front and back of your insurance card(s) or call the office with your insurance policy numbers before your next appointment.
4. The day of your appointment. Please plan enough time to allow for safe attention with your specialty care, including for parking, by confirming with us the length for which the appointment is scheduled. Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in, and allow for check out.
If you have a ride, arrange to be dropped off at least a half hour before your appointment starting time and picked up at least a half hour after your appointment ending time. Traffic can be heavy here in Downtown Seattle. Allow extra time and take public transportation whenever possible.
Your appointment is set aside for you only, and we try to run on schedule. If you arrive late, in courtesy of patients with appointments after you, you may be rescheduled. We will also communicate any delays as soon as possible and give you the option to reschedule the appointment.
5. Prescriptions. Please contact your pharmacy for refills. They will refill it if there are refills remaining and will fax a form for Dr. Hoy to sign if more refills are needed.
Dr. Hoy prescribes the least expensive effective medication for the condition. Please ask your pharmacist if you need to verify insurance coverage for medications. Unless another medication has been tried and failed, we may not be able to complete any prior authorizations.
6. Billing questions. For inquiries regarding bills from this practice or outside agencies, please contact the number on your bill. Please allow several business days for a return call.
7. Outside agencies. Our office utilizes outside agencies as part of a patient’s medical care, such as labs, imaging centers, brace shops, pharmacies and hospitals. They are independent of this office, and all customer service must be directed to them and not our office. Insurance may not cover goods and services provided by these companies. Please verify insurance benefits with, and direct billing questions to, these agencies.
8. Forms and records. If you need forms filled out (work forms, government forms) or need medical records, there may be a fee and a waiting period of up to a week or more to process that request.
9. Appointment reminders and survey. We care about the quality of our services. At the end of your visit you may receive a survey through email. If you have upcoming appointments, you may also receive an email confirmation a week and then a day before your appointment.
10. Right to Refuse Service. We are committed to providing a safe and positive environment for our staff and other patients. We will stop service to anyone who becomes disruptive or abusive, and will refer elsewhere for follow up care.
11. Financial policies and patient disclosures. We are an Accredited Business of the Better Business Bureau and abide by its Accreditation Standards. Please see our disclosures.
“It has been excellent. Everyone is friendly, processes are reasonable, doctor is attentive and expert.” -Father Peter